Monday, 3 May 2010

100 Haikus

It's quite a milestone. I had no idea when starting out that I'd end up writing so many. But again, it is deceptively large, given that haikus are small to begin with, and posting them in batches of 10 helps as well. In the end, writing them did begin to feel a bit laboured, so I don't think I'll be writing some for a while.

Here are the original 100, linked to in the order in which they were posted.

10 Haikus
10 More Haikus
10 Haikus III
10 Haikus IV
10 Haikus V
10 Haikus VI
10 Haikus VII
10 Haikus VIII
10 Haikus IX
10 Haikus X

I've also selected my favourites from the original 100. I wanted to post 5 only, but getting them down to 10 was hard enough, so I left it at 10. I still wish I could have included more, but in the end, I think the principle of less is more will hold true. Of course, others people are totally allowed to pick as faves others than these. These are presented in the order in which they were chronologically posted.

I play with numbers
its too easy, better than words.
only one right answer

I walked alone,
then I was with someone, now
I'm alone again.

Come, sit, rest, and speak
Time gives us stories to share
what have you to tell?

You reflect yourself
as within, then so without
never long hidden.

I flipped a coin there,
waiting not for head or tail,
turning as it fell

watch the fingers fly
and out of many efforts
A gem is revealed

On my smallest shelf
they sit and stand side by side
books yet to be read

In the darkest night
I seek to do what is right
hide all before light

minutes and hours,
artificial constructs, fake,
nothing captures time

A million sparkles
As the sun sets on ripples
each reflecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment