Tuesday, 30 March 2010

10 Haikus VIII

The Previous 10

------------

I see clearly now
you were, you are, you will be
all I ever want

With a lamp for sight
I write deep into the night
small fragments of life

in the grassy fields
I walk barefoot, like others
feeling connected.

Newbie stargazer
look back into history
are they still there now?

Order in chaos
hidden patterns in nature
elegantly done

minutes and hours,
artificial constructs, fake,
nothing captures time

see that ball of fire
that drops below horizon
rise forth tomorrow

I make them with ink
write them on scraps of paper
beautiful nothings.

Immovable rock
meets irresistible force
something has to give

we take different paths
the goal is always the same
so live and let live

-----------

The next 10

Usual disclaimer applies

10 comments:

  1. lol hmmm. Is the usual disclaimer what I think it is?

    It's beautiful in the special way it made me think of God-and not another human being-like a sweet love letter to Him, written in sheer elegance.

    And the last verse was touching in its simplicity- sounded like the words of a sweet peaceful man who understands the under wraps of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. It's the same for all the haikus. I'm still playing with words to try and make them fit into the rigid 5-7-5 syllable format required. As such, some may make sense, and others might not.

    Thanks - I haven't had those complimented in that way at all before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up what a 5-7-5 syllable is. I've never been a fan of rules, they make me feel rigid and packed-besides the fact that I can never follow them anyway, but this is pretty cool.

    I love reading your Haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I love the idea of squeezing a whole poem into 3 lines. Rules are kinda weird for me - sometimes I follow them to the letter, and sometimes I feel like free verse only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I'm a major fan of (short) poetry that reveal a whole world in a few lines, yes.

    This poem makes me want to run to the beach (nearby) and dance and jump, and fly-but since I'm a coward, afraid of walking alone through trees and small hills at night, I'm just gonna sit and pretend there's no beach, and that the only reason I can't go out now is because monsters would eat me.

    Keep writing more of these. I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I stopped at 100, but maybe I'll start again

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, wow, mashallah. 100? You're awesome.

    your blog is my current getaway from exam pressure. I read revise a few pages, then I come here for my little breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. If this page counts as 10, then I only have to do 10 such pages. I think I added links to the top and bottom to create a chain to the rest.

    And glad to be of service, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh like that. So a poem with 10, counts as 10. Still awesome though.

    btw I noticed none of are titled (I think). Is that how it's supposed to be, or you just can't bother with a title? They're numbered, perhaps these are the titles?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. Every three lines are a separate poem, and I decided it would be easier to upload them in sets of 10.

    They are untitled, and the number just helps me group them together, and keep count.

    ReplyDelete