Monday, 1 March 2010

Early Bird

This time last year, my sleeping habits were much better. Without fail, I would wake at 5am, pray, and start the day with a few hours of peace, during which I would study, read, or surf the web. Now I get up with barely enough minutes to pray in the morning and trudge back to bed almost immediately after.

I don't know what's wrong, but knowing that I was able to master sleeping habits last time makes me confident I will be able to do so again.

The rules:

- Always wake up at the same time everyday
- Go to sleep whenever you feel tired, even if it be 8:30 pm
- [Most Important] Cut out stuff like caffeine, choc, etc that can affect your mental state and sleeping patterns.

Should take a few weeks to acclimatise, but will be worth it.

6 comments:

  1. I need to fix up my sleeping patterns aswell! I've done it before, so should be easy. My aim is to wake up early so that I could go to bed early. Makes sense? I'd be more tired so I'm bound to sleep earlier.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. Also, once your body knows for sure that its getting up at a particular time, you start to feel tired at the right time to get enough sleep.

    Thank you! And likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I really wish it was as simple as the rules you've laid out.

    I just woke up an hour ago, so tonight is gonna be a loooooooong night for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is when I go to bed early, I generally, tend to wake up in the middle of the night-unable to sleep. And I get really scared at night, when everyones asleep and I'm the only one awake.

    But good it works for some at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh. Well, don't go to bed early as such, just when you feel tired. That should do it, assuming you get up at a fixed time everyday.

    ReplyDelete