An interesting post on momentum on a friends blog led me to reevaluate what I'm doing in my life currently, my present goals, and any progress being made towards them. I wrote down my goals for the year here, and now, two months in, seems to be as good a time as any to evaluate and progress, or lack of, made in the directions mapped out.
A cursory glance tells me that currently, I am only on track to hit my target in only 2 out of 5 areas. It could, of course, be worse, but that is no excuse, as the reason I picked so few goals in the first place was to be sure I could achieve them. The Mental/Intellectual part has been quite easy, it seems. I should have read between 5 and 9 books by now, and I would be quite surprised if I have not. I know for sure I have read more than 5. And have done a substantial chunk of the poetry listed. So all is good there.
Regarding creativity, whilst it would be true to say that I am on target, having "written everything that comes", the story would be quite different were I more specific with my targets. It is too easy to say that I have "written everything that comes", and I imagine that if I had set myself 50 poems, 10 works of fiction and 10 essays for the year, I might be saying something different right now. Nevertheless, I'm going to stick with the soft target for the remainder of this year, and consider a harder target next time, if indeed I am blessed with a next time, though it should be noted that as creativity comes in unquantifiable, unpredictable bursts, it is much more difficult to set a harder target anyway.
The remaining three have not seen much, if any, progress. Which is where the momentum post reinforces what I already knew, though needed reminding of. I think I must have read the most books on personal development, growth, personal finance and time management out of anyone I know, yet the be only person not to implement any of it. Pathetic.
I'm not making any progress now in three out of five targeted areas. Which means I'm not being consistent, or persistent in those three areas. Which means I need to be if I'm serious about meeting the goals I set. With two months gone, I can still make up for lost time. Maybe. Just maybe.
6 years ago

Glad you found my blog beneficial. . .It's in you bro, human nature can achieve big goals, look at the obstacles as a challenge rather than a mere obstacle. Believe in yourself.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Thank you :)
ReplyDelete