Tuesday, 23 March 2010

10 Haikus VII

The previous 10

---------

expect fireworks
when two pure forces collide
and put on a show

what is poetry
but the statement of deep truths
we know, yet we don't?

light up the darkness
with the gifting of a smile
no more is needed

in honour of him,
who served his people with heart,
led by example

In the longer days
And the blooming of flowers,
spring is here, for sure.

Refined, reordered,
surely only so many
ways, to say something?

Shadows flickering
switching between black and light
in response to flame

I wrote a letter
and poured my heart into it
yet never sent it

You will have found me
In a place with soft lighting
and a book in hand

In the darkest night
I seek to do what is right
hide all before light

-----

The next 10

Usual disclaimer applies.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post that letter!
    I like the last one...We cry, He hides our shortcomings, and we can come out in the light of another day without the fear of exposure of our darkness :(

    ReplyDelete