Monday, 16 February 2009

Release

I have a bird at home
A more perfect creature
I have never seen
She is too good for me.

Beautiful, loyal, dutiful
Her song is like no other
yet if you listen carefully,
you can hear notes of sorrow
She is lonely.
Her body belongs to me
Her heart belongs to another.

I want to keep her
but this is being selfish
I will never find
another like her
But what tyrant
stands in the way
of true love?

Go
Be free
Unite with the one you love.

Im just thankful
that, just once,
I was able to
rise above my selfish core
and do the right thing.

Maybe one day
she would have been
happy with me
But there is no point
In thinking about what might have been
When one knows for sure
That it was never meant to be.

1 comment: