Saturday, 21 February 2009

Clarity

I want to cut through
The tangled webs
us humans weave
And see the truth
in all its glory.

I want to see clearly
past the worthless
notes and coins
that this world
hankers after.

I want to see clearly
The humanity common to all
and connect with the...
the real person
The soul hidden by its actions

I want to see clearly
the tools of the devil
and the way he works
That I may protect myself
and others.

I want to see clearly
past the limits of language
to a realm where
everything worth saying
is said silently.

I want to see clearly
the problems of others
That I may forget
about my selfish self
And help others.

I want to hear clearly
past the words that people use
So that instead of just listening
to their words
I listen to their souls as well.

I want to envision clearly
the consequences of my choices
That when faced with
the vicissitudes of life
I choose the best I can.

I want to act with clarity
and perfect integrity
So that when examined,
in thought, word or deed,
there is no inconsistency

No comments:

Post a Comment