Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Perfection

So you want to be perfect?
Seriously?
OK
There's the book.
And those are your role models

Go.

Keep with both
and you cant go wrong...

but I have...again
My fault
It is only ever
My fault.

Why is it so hard
to be on the right path?
Why is it
that the things I did
which I thought were right
were actually not so
But I don't see this
until later
When it turns out
i was just being
stubborn
and self-righteous?

I have to
rise above
legalistic Islam
and get into
the true spirit
There was a time
when the letter of the law
brought out the best in people
now its just cultural
to stop the worst elements
of people
from showing itself.

Just once in my life,
I'd like one day
to be flawless
Perfect

But will it happen?
Will I ever have a perfect day?
or will my eyes let me down,
that i would have been better off blind?
Maybe my ears will let me down
That i would have been better off deaf
Or maybe it will be my hands
So it would be better if i had none.
Or my mind,
that i would be better off dead.
That way I cant sin anymore.

But no.
This is part
of the challenge
of life
constantly striving
for the pinnacle
yet always never
able to touch it
claim it
and be done

No comments:

Post a Comment