Friday, 20 February 2009

Love

Tears stream down my cheeks
Every time I hear your tragedy
But they are only ever so few
Is this love?

I salute you everyday
Not knowing that
I need your permission to do so
Is this love?

I remember your tribulations
When I encounter problems
But I still complain
Is this love?

To propagate your message
I try to make artworks...
But I only ever share them with a few
Is this love?

The answer should be yes.
But is it?
I know
When I salute you
You can see into my heart
And know the truth
and witness the discrepancy
between the words I say
and the life I live.
Until they match
you know
and I know as well
the real answer
is no.

I say
"Peace be upon you"
But how can a sinner
send blessings
onto a saint?

Where is that purity
of thought, word, and deed,
That exemplifies
those who truly love you?

Will I ever reach that stage?
You know, as well as I do
That the potential is there.
So I wait for the day
When I can be your representative
and not a burden to you

Then I can truly say
That I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment