Will I be taken today?
Am I ready?
I'm tired of this world.
Its fake, shallow, superficial.
I'm tired
at the arrogance
with which
my fellow man
walks on the earth
and the self-importance
he gives himself.
I'm tired
at how easy it is
for the Devil
to do his work
and alienate
the innocent
and helpless
I'm guilty of all I say...
And so...
I'm also tired of myself
and the way i keep
on falling
into sin.
and being
an agent
of the evil one
The soul yearns
for the embrace
of death.
But no.
I have a job to complete.
Debts to pay.
Charity to do.
People to make up with.
And I hope and pray
That I'm not taken
Before it is done.
The soul still yearns.
The only solace
is the book,
the examples
of the perfect ones,
and the company
of like minded people.
Maybe if I'm lucky
I shall be blessed
with someone
who thinks likewise
and together we can
untie the ropes
that bind us to this world
and start tying them
to the next.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment