Awake.
Alert.
Alive.
Alone.
In my sanctuary.
Appreciating the blessings of my Lord.
And failing
to do justice
to the Most Just
As if it was ever possible.....
The silence is pure
The silence is holy
The silence is deep
The silence speaks its own language.
A deeper sense of perception
Means I see more
Appreciate more
Than I normally would
But it's not enough
And it never will be.
I attempt
to see past
the emptiness of this life.
Its there....
you can't see it directly.
but you can feel it
insights come to you
that can't be
explained with words
but silence will do
I can just about sense
The battles being fought
In the deepest recesses of the heart
The private battles
that have to be won
each day
every day.
I begin to contemplate
On a different plane
Will I do good today?
Or will I just
Rationalise good deeds away?
Will I be taken today?
Will I able able to
carry this sense of presence
with me today?
Or will I let something trivial
distract me?
Tough questions
And the answers...
well
The answers shall reveal themselves
in due time
and I will deal with them when they do
For now
I'm content
with the silence
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment