Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Alone

Continuing on, from The Forge....

*********

I sing the song of silence
But I sing it alone.

Surely there must be one
who was purified,
and shaped
who sings the same song
that I do.

And is able
to sing different parts
of the same song
knowing what I'm not familiar with
so that between us
we complete the song.
And yet we may be familiar with
parts of each other's sections
that we may sing in harmony
when we need to

Such must exist
For the same creator
who purified and shaped me
must know exactly
Who would be suitable
enough sameness
yet enough difference
complementary
yet contrasting

Different parts
of the same whole.

Should I go looking for one?
Or will such a one find me?

The master knows all.
And so knows who
And where
And when

I was worried
I was lonely
I was sad

Now I am no longer so.

It will happen
when it is
meant to happen.

I will not doubt the master
The same who
lovingly purified
and shaped me.
And created everything
in pairs.

Now I sing
and sing alone.
But I have no doubt
One day I will hear
The words of my own song
From another.

1 comment: