
I've done it! I've watched all 291 episodes in the space of one month. It sounds, bad, I know, but I have no regrets. I've no idea why I've binged so much on a story. Perhaps I could have rationed it so that I watched an episode a day, and so make it last nearly 10 months, but that's not in keeping with the character of the story, which is remarkably similar to the kind of book which keeps you up all night, as your mind constantly wants to know what happens next. (As an aside, I think this happens because of a sort of emotional bond you form with the characters.)
At its very core, its about friendship, struggle, and victory, and these, I guess, are universals. Change the plot, change the characters, change anything you want, these three should always permeate the story, in the same way that they are woven into the very fabric of human existence. Art should reflect life, and in this case, it definitely reflects that particular aspect.
I do feel that the plots sometimes are cyclical, and that sometimes there are too many loopholes, but overall I don't feel it detracts too much from the story. And the action sequences are beautiful. They make me want to take up martial arts.
Right now I've started the original series that preceded it (Dragon Ball), and will soon after be following that with the sequel series (Dragon Ball GT). I might do this in the next month, or over the next year, or even longer, but I know I have to. Now that I'm hooked, I really do want to find out what happens next.

oh. my. god.
ReplyDeleteNo Comment :/ !
ah I give up, and just stop here. Imran, do you remember where I commented on walden?
ReplyDeleteYou picked an unusual place to stop.
ReplyDeletehere:
http://yahayder.blogspot.com/2009/03/reach-out.html
lol, thanks. see you there
ReplyDeleteimran, guess where im going back to? :)
ReplyDeleteIran? Awesome! I liked your other pic better though...
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm staying there for a long time:)
ReplyDeleteas for the pic, *embarrassed*-I think the best thing to do is probably remove my face altogether lol. Put something peaceful.
summer in uk for you?
awesome. say some prayers for me please.
ReplyDeletelol - you're welcome to my pic. Or Hokusai's great wave (google it).
iA, yes.
definitely, will do.
ReplyDeletelol, yeah, yours is quite beautiful. Maybe not the most perfect muslim, but I'm a shia to the heart. @the wave. Nice. Pretty sure I had seen it somewhere, but never really knew the story behind it.
cool. Family was recently in Uk. Told me it was nice.
Imran, salam from here! Far away land. Guess what? All blogs are blocked here, which was surprising to me, because last year I could blog just fine. I only now figured out a way by the help of my awesome friend, through the censorships.
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
Wow. That's unusual.
ReplyDeleteI'm good alhamd. Yourself?
it's probably because of the arab revolutions lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm good too hamdellah. I remember you in my prayers. I eat new baked bread here. Live about 12 minutes away from a sweet mosque. Drink fresh juice, and enjoy the sound of adhan for as much as I can, till I'll have to leave this place again.
That's truly awesome. It's a blessing to do the Holy Month in a muslim country.
ReplyDeletefinally found this comment section. I always get lost in your blog.
ReplyDeletecheck my picture. Do you love it?
ps: hope you don't mind.
it's temporary till I decide what I'll have there.
Lol. I like it, and don't mid at all. No rush
ReplyDeletegreat.
ReplyDelete