Thursday, 26 November 2009

Poem Experiment

I did something interesting with a friend of mine, where I wrote a line, and then she, till we had between us a whole poem.

It's unusual, in that it doesn't sound like one of mine, or one of hers. Fascinating.

I reached out for the light
Mezmerised by its rays
and held some in my hand
watching it fade away.

I was sad to see it go
the dark left me feeling alone
i turned and walked the other way
On my way back home

my heart felt cold like stone
i knew something was amiss
there was an aching in my soul
a sense too far from bliss

there was a throbbing in my skull
a result of too much thought
There was no place i wanted to go
there was nothing that i sought

I made my decision then
I'll adapt to feeling so alone
I'll always have myself
I'll look for the truth within

2 comments: