Monday, 28 February 2011

Dreams

I bid farewell to my dreams of old
equal parts of piety and gold
dreams which I myself mis-sold
and in their pursuit tried to remould

I wrote them out in three different ways
making sure that they do not stay
one went to wind, another to waves
and of the third, only ashes remain

A blank page before me, white and pure
waiting patiently for dreams anew
maybe these will be worthy of pursuit
as I bid my old ones adieu

------

Another weak one. Apologies

3 comments:

  1. I, for one, loved it. Your poems are very thought provoking. The second stanza is beautiful, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weak, this is definitely not...

    I don't really know how to describe it, except that it made me feel nostalgic, with a bit of that weird unnameable pain that feels strangely good.

    Well done =)

    ReplyDelete