Friday, 11 February 2011

Two Sides of Me

I warily walk between the divide
that separates between heart and mind
not yet knowing if by design
whether these two should be entwined

The first to develop, a gifted brain
arbiter of all that is wise and sane
playing easily with numbers and ideas
but few of its grand designs remain

the late bloomer be the poets heart
playing with words, less science than art
connecting with others in ways that spark
leaving small residues as their mark

Squabbling and quibbling forever are they
One leaving when the other stays
Refusing to co-operate, in every way
Contributing to each other's decay

Though they fight, I still choose both...

One day I'll quell these two sides of me
and place them both in service of He

-------------

A weak effort. Sorry - but I had to write something

7 comments:

  1. Not weak at all, short with deep meanings

    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and honest, as always. Well done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece, especially love the last two lines. Not weak at all, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not weak at all.

    Lovely and to the point.

    "Sorry - but I had to write something."

    ^ Is that because you haven't written in a while, or because it was in you waiting to get out, or another reason?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you

    It was a mixture of all. If I did not write it then, I would have lost what little I had.

    ReplyDelete