Thursday, 3 March 2011

Minimalism.

Strip away all you dont need
Leaving behind the essential core
Get rid of clutter and fluff
Set down the burden of "more"

Give yourself time and space
Away from having to store
Eliminating pointless distractions
Brings real life to the fore

From shallow to deep we go
Our true nature restored
Because from simplicity
True elegance unfolds.....

-----------

Further reading

Considering that my poem is about minimalism, do I really need to write any more?

8 comments:

  1. Imraan, how are you?

    I loveeee this! Because I agree with every little word, even though I am a little hypocrite, considering I don't follow it. But some day I will. At least for sometime.

    Down with useless technology-let's go back to writing letters, fighting with swords, aand flirting across balconies.

    I think I'm trapped in a wrong era lol.

    aand guess what I did? wait, let me find the right post to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, I'm a hypocrite too. But one can dream to eventually live those words, na?

    I wouldn't go so far - I would be absolutely hopeless at any form of flirting, especially across balconies. Swords and letters I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeeees, definitely.

    LOL, across balconies you probably won't even need skills. Which reminds me, about 3 years ago, on my birthday, I had just moved into a new room, and when I finished changing, I pulled the curtains to the side, opened the window and just across my room, I saw this guy standing, who made my heart skip a little beat. I peeked just a little, then I ran downstairs and told my friend that my balcony dream is gona get realized. Life however, with its cruel humor, decided to play on my little heart. That was the only time I saw him. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. And what would you have done if he was actually there then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, nothing. I just liked the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do the transcendentalists proud, my friend. =)

    ReplyDelete