Remember me
Please.
I have not much time left, and as I look back on the events of my life, I see my interactions with all my fellow humans, but this time stripped of personal bias. I see them for what they are, and it feels too late to finally see them so. So many times I thought I was right, and I may well have been, but the way I acted was wrong.
I am sorry. So sorry. I have not enough time for penance by deed, so please accept my apology by word. I see times where I have hurt some without intending, and others where I kinda knew I would, but did not care. What annoys me most was that it was all so petty. I know not whether all those who I have interacted with will read this in time, but I put these words out there in hope that enough of those will do.
If I have hurt you, again, I ask for your forgiveness. Remember me, and send some prayers and blessings my way. Please. And if, perchance, you are one of the few who I have not hurt, or have never even met me, still, I ask you to remember me, and send prayers and blessings my way. You can never have too many of these, and my own supply is dangerously low.
It is the nature of things that I will be remembered less and less frequently as time goes by, and soon, I expect, I will be remembered by nobody. Such is life. And, of course, it is quite possibly wrong, that now, when very little remains in my hands, that I resort to asking everyone I know and everyone I don't for forgiveness and prayers.
But this is me. What else could you expect? Don't let it be you, though. Please don't.
Remember me. And forgive me. And pray for me.
Please.
------------------
I'm not sure whether to call this fiction or not. On balance, I will, but how do we know we won't be saying these very words on our death beds?
6 years ago

Kinda scary.
ReplyDeleteI guess if you've read it, take it as note to let yourself get to that point in life.
Incredibly thoughtful and sobering, well done.
ReplyDelete(Also happens to describe my state of mind right now perfectly) =/
Thanks for writing this, and forgive me if I've ever hurt you...! I'll remember you in my prayers insh'Allah, please send some goodwill across the pond as well. =)
Welcome, and definitely.
ReplyDeleteThank you