Amid the sounds of grunts and groans, some progress is being made. I hope anyway. Ok. Lets see if I got this right. She wants the bookshelf here, the TV stand over there, and the two sofas side by side, erm, right....here.
Right. Here she comes.
[15 minutes later]
Yes, I was wrong.
I forgot the dining table. Ok let's go again. Dining table (and chairs) go here, bookshelf goes there, TV stand over there, and sofas go side by side....there. But I have a nagging feeling I've missed something...ahh well, here she comes.
[15 minutes later]
Ahhh. I knew I'd forgotten something. The wrong order. Ok, quickly now. This here, that there, these there, and that here. Done. Please be done. Here she comes.
"Finally. Is this how you wanted it?"
"I did"
"Did?"
"Yes. This is exactly how I thought I wanted it"
"And do you still want it like this now?"
A pause. She's not exactly thinking, as such, but just consulting a feminine sense that us males have no access to. I wait with bated breath. Eventually, a decision is reached.
"No. We will have to put everything back exactly how it was. Do you remember where everything used to be?"
"Yes" (Or I hope I do, anyway)
"Good. I'll leave you to it."
*stumblemumblegrumble*
"What was that?"
"Nothing, darling."
6 years ago

Lol, this amazing!
ReplyDeleteAbit true about female control but surely that guy is not from the Asian/middle eastern side of the world :P
lol. I got something right then.
ReplyDeleteWhere is he from, then?
I did say "abit true", so you nearly got something right, lol
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm almost sure he is from the western world ;)
Lol. fair enough.
ReplyDeletethis made me laugh inside. aand i love how he actually fixed it back.
ReplyDeletecoool.
Lol. Assuming he remember where everything goes...
ReplyDeletelol, true-but at least he was willing.
ReplyDeleteThis is really cute. =) The underlying tension got me, though... my inner cynic says they're headed toward a divorce within the next 6 years- when she realizes it was never about the furniture, and he realizes he's just another fixture.
ReplyDeleteWoah. Really? I never thought they would split up.
ReplyDeleteSure it's not 7 years?
Thank you
You're a great writer! I really enjoyed reading this.
ReplyDelete"She's not exactly thinking, as such, but just consulting a feminine sense that us males have no access to."
ReplyDeletePerfect! :D