Wednesday, 9 June 2010

The Marriage Checklist

To be reviewed once a year, or as required. Also to be placed here for handy reference when someone asks me why I'm not married yet.


Hmm. Looks like my assumption of 5 years might actually be too optimistic. Ahh well. Never mind. Back to working on myself I go.

5 comments:

  1. BRUUUUUUUVVVVVVV you dont gotta be perfect! Your spouse aint gonna be perfect. You can help eachother along the path of perfection. Don't delay it for reasons like this. Inshallah you will progress in your job, have faith in Allah (SWT). Youre being too harsh on yourself. You can do it! (And you are supposed to).

    And the ring aint a problem, she wil prob wanna pick it out anyway,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am with Jassim. Nobody is perfect before marriage- marriage is supposed to make you BECOME perfect. Oh, and a hint: you take the first step, God will take ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to add to the above, marriage is one of the acts that invites rizaq, so anything material- the expensive band of metal, the money- shouldn't be on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - 3 comments within 15 mins - I must have hit a nerve.

    Erm, I agree with all the posts. Everything. I dunno what I was feeling when I wrote it, but it wasn't nice, obviously.

    Anyway, whilst this post is technically "wrong", I'm still going to let it stand like it is as a record of what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaaaahhhh thats the spirit. All the best brother, tawakkal ala Allah (SWT).

    ReplyDelete