Monday, 1 February 2010

A Nonsense Poem

Salutations, dear sweet princess,
or, if you wish, damsel in distress.
your darling prince cannot come
(a lazy day, alright for some)
not wishing to rise from his bed
so has sent me, in his stead
My armour does not shine, is not bright
can be called anything but white
With words and wisdom I have no skill
Strength and prowess I have less still
I was sent 'cause all who are better
are busy questing, to answer your letter
Here I am, yet if you wish to wait
which may or may not seal your fate
It's only proper he rescues you, I agree
but if you wish to leave now, come with me

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I love this! It's so cute, so charming, so sweet, and it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Weirdly, it's as if that poem wrote itself. I haven't done anything similar since..

    ReplyDelete