Thursday, 18 February 2010

The Challenge Revisited: Post Mortem

See the original challenge here, and the post mortem here.

See this challenge's opening post here.

As for the post mortem...there is a some to say, but not much. There is not, like there was last time, a huge list of accomplishments. Nor am I sure that I have progressed at all. Of course, in the absence of progression, it would be desirable to have remained at a constant level, but this I doubt I have done either.

So, I've dropped a level (or more) spiritually. I can't think of any improvement in manners, or any positive habit I have locked in over the past few months that can change my life for the better.

The harsh truth is that I was merely paying lip service to this tradition, and so it is only natural that I have nothing to show for it. It's hard to convey how upset I am with myself for letting this happen, and for wasting such a potentially useful, and powerful period of time, in which people change for the better.

But what's past it past, and I cannot change it, much as I would want to. The lesson learned from this round is as harsh as the truth that precedes it. I cannot take life as lightly as I have done, for that would just be foolish, as would be to make the same mistake twice. At least, from such a low point, the only way is up.

I'm definitely not going to waste the next round, should I be blessed enough to see another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment