I'm aware that we watch too much TV. There was a time when I would just come home and turn the box on, and just sit there. It's engrossing, and allows you to turn off, and relax, but after a while, it begins to feel fake.
I've gradually cut and cut, and now I can say I'm down to only watching three series with regularity, and a few others with semi-regularity. I only watch House, Heroes, and Hustle. House normally is 24 episodes a season, each 45 minutes long. Heroes is pretty much the same, though it fluctuates. To err on the side of caution, I'll overestimate. And Hustle is 6 episodes a season, each one hour long.
By my reckoning, that makes a total of 42 hours (18 + 18 + 6) a year, which works out at less than one hour a week. I'm happy with this. I obviously still watch other stuff, like news, sport, educationals, and movies, and I know this probably doubles or trebles the figure, but I'm still happier with it.
One day, I'm sure that I'll have it down to the bare minimum (whatever that means), or nothing.
Of course, thats only any good if I put the time saved to good use....
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment