Wednesday, 16 September 2009

You Chose Me

You chose me.

I don't know what you saw
Or what you still see
Maybe you see
the pain in my eyes
and think
you can heal me
Maybe you see
great potential
and think
you can inspire me
to great heights
Maybe you see
incredible compatibility
and think
we'd match each other
perfectly.
Maybe you see
someone too harsh
on himself
to ever be harsh
to anyone else.

Whatever the reason
It doesn't matter
It won't happen.
I won't let it
I am unworthy
You deserve better
than someone
who won't be able
to reciprocate.
My heart is wasted,
and a risk not worth taking.
I cannot be selfish
and take someone
who dazzles me
who will do me good
when I offer nothing
in return.

Get out
while you still can
before I drag you down
and find someone
worthy of you
who will treat you
the way you deserve
and make you happy.

Don't worry about me.
I'll be fine

6 comments:

  1. You'll never convince someone who loves you, you're not worthy. No matter what you tell them.

    really liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess not. And in a way, I hope not, too.

    May I ask why you liked it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love them too, then yeah, it'd be a good feeling. But if it's not reciprocated, you'd want them to let go no?

    I love the sweet ending-him trying to comfort her in the assurance he'll be fine, after that painful 'push-away'.

    I also like the last Maybe in the first verse.
    I don't know if you know this, (perhaps it isn't true for all girls) but one fear in (many) girls is that the one they love will change to be mean and cruel to them after marriage.

    aaand I love the style.

    something completely irrelevant, does adding flavor powder to your milk strip the milk off its nutrients? Cuz when I'm drinking milk alone, I have to add flavor, since the milk here doesn't taste good at all. And then for some reason I feel it's lost all the nutrition, because I added things to it.

    I have no idea what on earth makes me think you would know this lol -but I just remembered because I'm drinking milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing. I imagined it as a sort of pre-emptive move, where he is so convinced of his own unworthiness that he won't even let anything happen, and so nips anything in the bud.

    --------------

    Flavour powder? Like chocolate and stuff? I think your milk is both safe and nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people, when they know someone loves them, yet they don't feel the same way - they try to make the other persons hurt less, by pointing out their own flaws and deficiencies. Perhaps its selfish too. You know the other person wouldn't care, even if you were the king of flaws, but you still say them, to convince yourself he or she loves you less now-and you can sleep better at night.

    -lol yes, chocolate. Never anything else. -awesome, I think I think so too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It probably is selfish. And it won't work, because, as you say, to the right person, flaws mean nothing.

    ReplyDelete