I saw him...
My nemesis
Across a crowded street
easy to keep him in sight
once I found him
he was wearing the same clothes
that I was... audacious
and I followed him
determined to confront him
Finally I'd be able
to face the reason behind
my diseased mind
my wasted heart
my broken soul
I followed him
(for it was definitely a he)
eventually into a dark room
and found it empty,
filled with smoke.
In vain I searched
Till I saw a figure shrouded
smoke obscuring his face
Knowing it was him
I strode forward
and found myself
looking at a mirror
the message was clear enough
my nemesis was myself
***************
In a way...
I always knew it
6 years ago

Hey blogger. Came across your blog. Nice poem, but I think you should drop the two last lines.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I won't drop them, but I see that they don't exactly belong, so I will separate them. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Imran=) Will find the time to go through your other poems and posts. Blog looks interesting.
ReplyDelete