I planted my flag here,
And ripped out my heart,
All that I had,
My prized possession,
And offered it to my Lord,
Only to see it rejected
for being too hard.
So I took it back,
and hurled it against the wall,
and saw it shatter,
its hardness making it brittle.
I wept,
and picked up the pieces
and examined them
and found them black inside.
I collected them all
and built a fire
and put the pieces in
and raised the heat.
They melted, and burst into flames.
Brilliant blue, then white, then invisible
If the pieces could scream, they would.
Slowly the black was burned away
as the residue of sins evaporated.
Now my heart is my own,
And I struggle to keep it clear.
Hopefully it will be accepted
next time.
6 years ago

Would God ever reject a servants offer? Especially when the servant is offering all there is to him.
ReplyDeleteProbably not, but my own obsession now, as it has been in the past is redemption for a lost soul.
ReplyDelete