I walk home to the sweetest smile
Though I've only been away a while
But darent meet those mesmeric eyes
For I know I'll lose myself inside
I do my best to repay the smile in kind
As observations race through my mind
And I see all over all that you do
Though it's simply second nature to you
Daily stunned by your gentleness and care
Infusing all you do with a grace so rare
Eventually, when I collect my wits,
A few words come unbidden to my lips...
A line more heavy than all my tomes:
Only with you could I make my home
-----------
For nobody in particular. I wrote this as a test - if I can feel so horribly low a few weeks ago, yet be able to write a soppy love poem now, then maybe there's hope for us all, na?
6 years ago

Aw... this is so utterly, absurdly, perfectly sweet. Very well done & excellent diction. You're on your way to becoming a veritable Casanova!
ReplyDeleteSappy writings to no one are invariably the best. =)
Do you feel considerably better than you did before? If so, how? I'm floundering here. The earthquakes and tsunamis and reactor explosions, mass govt shootings across the Middle East, indiscriminate drone attacks in Pakistan... plus I saw a sneak preview of HP 7 part 2 today, which probably wasn't a good way to round off my depressing news binge.
The world is just such a wounded mess right now. =/ If you've got any feel good tips, please let me know. Or please write a distracting story soon, preferably a really sappy, heartfelt one.
Thank you. =)
ReplyDeleteI did say soppy, but sappy works probably just as well :P
I can say I feel better, but that would be because I'm beating/have beaten one of my demons - turning something negative into something positive will make you feel better. As you, say, the word right now is a wounded mess, and I am upset and annoyed about a lot of things in the world right now, pretty much everything you listed minus the HP 7 part 2 (I don't intend to watch it).
I have no tips, as such, so I'll have to take the second option. If the words come, I promise to write them.
Lol I thought that was a typo... I just looked it up and found out 'soppy' is Brit-speak for what we would call sappy. (for us yanks, 'soppy' means wet/soaked.)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the promise, I look forward to it. =)
I ended up watching Fight Club last night, and even though it's chock-full of brute violence and senseless destruction, it made me feel much, much better. It's one of those brilliant breath-of-fresh air type films.
Why aren't you going to watch part 2?!
And if I may ask, how exactly did you go about transforming your demon? Did you shout 'Riddikulus!' at it?
Lol. I guessed as much Cool.
ReplyDeleteI'd recommend Master & Commander: The far side of the world in the same vein. It really is a brilliant piece of cinematography.
I stopped seeing the HP movies after the second one. I just don't like them.
The win was allowing myself to feel what I felt. In times gone past, I would have bottled it up.
Writing is a great catharsis :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's fun to write sappy love poems to no one :D Although I much prefer poems that take the mick out of love poems too (like my Sickliest Love Poem - had lots of fun writing that)
Indeed it is :)
ReplyDeleteAnd lol. I enjoyed reading that. Excellently done.
Well written. Soppy enough to draw more conclusions from I suppose.
ReplyDelete