Twenty three years are marked today
The gift of time is slipping away
For all this, what have you to show?
A little here and there...not much though
Distracted am I from doing more
By life's constant ebb and flow
as in tending to small things
greater deeds are allowed to go....
------
There's a nagging voice, at the back of my head, that refuses to let go. And it makes me feel that, by now, I should have done more. I dunno. I kinda agree, even though I don't know why I do. I don't know what I want to do, and am happy where I am for now.
*sigh*
I went and looked back at my previous birthday entries, those for my 21st, and 22nd, and see the same or similar threads running through them all. Hmmm. One of these days I'm going to spend a whole day outside the house and spend it just thinking, and writing. Right now, all I have is a lot of questions.
6 years ago

Imran, happy birthday, hope you had a wonderful day, and continue to have a lovely night.
ReplyDeletehope you'll always be happy.
go to the window, read a little prayer, close your eyes and make a wish. enshallah it'll be fulfilled.
Happy birthday, inshallah many more to come.
ReplyDeleteThank you both :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I'm so late!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, I hope the day was absolutely wonderful! =)
Did you do anything special to commemorate your ascent into old age?
Thank you.
ReplyDeleteNot really - I use these days more for reflection than celebration. Having said that, I did end up staying back late at work....
That sounds really nice, as long as the reflecting stays positive (which seems to be the case, Alhamdulillah!)
ReplyDeleteIs work going okay? Do you enjoy it?
PS: What are you having the hardest time letting go of?
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulillah for both. It's hectic sometimes, but I like it.
ReplyDeleteHmm. I get feelings of wasted potential/ wasted time. I've yet to figure out if they are what I agree with or not.
Happy belated birthday Imran!
ReplyDeleteMaybe change the tune on your birthday by writing about what you are grateful for, what you have achieved and what you just have. It makes it a lot more of a positive feel :)
Thank you. I will do, next time :)
ReplyDeleteBelated happy birthday Imran. Best duas for you. I wish you all things great.
ReplyDeletethis is the next best place I can put my comment.
Thank you :) I will write a post on my birthday soon.
Deletelooking forward to reading it:)
ReplyDelete