Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Thank you

she slipped past my weak defence
And wrote her name on my heart
disturbing it from its place of rest
and running away as it fell

slowly I picked up the pieces
and tried to set them together
when yet another broke through
and I had not the heart to fight

But this one was nice and gentle
and put my heart back together
A healer with the deftest touch
rubbing out the name of the other

And then she stood by my side
and we conversed for a while
but the one I wanted to stay
ended up having to go as well

"Thank you, oh kind stranger
for mending my wasted heart
Your gift will live on with me
for long after you depart"

Life goes on, and I am hale
and nothing remains the same
But one thing I wish remained
I never did get her name....

-------

For the 5. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. so sweeeet. I love strangers too-they can be the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. The 5 I mean have a special place in my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a kind stranger too

    wish I never read this, broke my heart too much to handle :"(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^I'm sorry.

    As for the kind stranger part, inshaAllah. Good, caring friends are a rare blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I want a stranger, not a friend...
    Good caring stranger, so I could pour my heart out and not worry about it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. They become friends, na?

    hmm. I feel I met them by chance, but that they were exactly what I needed lends me to think there was an element of fate involved as well. As such, in when the time is right, you'll meet the stranger you're looking for. Or get married. It's 50-50.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think finding a stranger is an easier task than the spouse one. So it's 70:30 lol

    But yes you're right, they'll come in time. Maybe my stranger is currently looking for a stranger too (I.e. Me)

    I like this theory of strangers, ever since I can remember, I was told to never talk to strangers, and here I am now hunting for them lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I'd leave it to fate - you'll know when you're meant to cross paths with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alhamdulila I have found my stranger now, let's see if they are kind enough or am I going to just expose myself to a stranger? :S

    Imran, you are to blame if things turn out pear shaped :P LOL

    ReplyDelete