Wednesday, 8 December 2010

The 40 day challenge III

The time has come again, and after the mixed success of the first one, and the disappointing fail of the second one, I wasn't sure how I would approach this one. I had good intentions, yes, but they were not backed up with solid, demonstrable actions, and as such any growth never came out of the flourishing, nascent stage. I even toyed with the idea of not even trying this year, but no. That I failed so badly last time, and have been given another chance this year means I must seize the opportunity with both hands.

A chance to evolve in the way of Allah (SWT) exists all the time, I admit, so I could technically do this at any other time of the year, but it feels right, for me anyway, to attempt this in the upcoming days, as I will have freshly calibrated myself to the message of Imam Hussain (ع), and woken my heart again to what human potential can achieve.

I want to write more, on what I specifically hope to achieve and other such ruminations, but words fail me. And perhaps it's better that way.

That Hadith again:

Whoever dedicates himself to God for forty days, will find springs of wisdom sprout out of his heart and flow on his tongue
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

InshaAllah.

3 comments:

  1. Just a thought, you could get like a challenge sponsorship, with a charity in mind, which might help you succeed this year!

    I would sponsor you any day (amount pending on the choice of charity!) and I'm sure many others would aswell.

    That way you could make it a double award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing idea, and I like it a lot, but I'll have to decline for now.

    Thank you for the idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's entirely up to you, and you are very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete