Friday, 10 December 2010

Baynol Haramain

Heaven lies....
Heaven lies at both ends of that path
At one end Husayn (ع), the other Abbas (ع)
The king of martyrs and his standard bearer
In death, as in life, always together
Waves of people make this their shore
And in their movement we see ebb and flow
Back and forth along that blessed path
The twin golden domes, just minutes apart...

People may leave, but their hearts remain
As they pray for the chance to return again

------

1 - For two days now I have felt this to be incomplete. Rather than leave it, I post this, but am not content.

2 - InshaAllah this the beginning of a new direction in my poetry. Imam Husayn (ع) deserves the best, and I will try.

4 comments:

  1. I see what you mean by incomplete! But the last two lines is an amazing ending! Loved it

    Looking forward to your new style of poetry, although I hope you don't give up your previous style please! I'm a fan of your poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruminate on Ziyarat-e Nahiya for a while and come back to this... This has potential to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete