Friday, 26 November 2010

...

As I see the door, have one final look,
I check to see if anything remains
Not that I care if I forget a book
But obviously my duty is to look
So one final look it is...

As agreed, the every room is bare
goal achieved with time to spare
I flick all the switches for lights
reassured by each little 'click'
What else is left now?

The wheels are already in motion
For me to never return again
yet still a slim chance remains
with much effort,
I can this place regain

I briefly contemplate doing so
yet the primal reason still stays
For even if I did decide to remain
Living here wouldn't be the same

Nothing remains for me here...

8 comments:

  1. this broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ure awake. i can't sleeeeeeep. I regret so badly I slept during the day.

    aand dont worry, it was already half broken. this just completed the job lol.

    i love it btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I randomly got woken up at 3:30 for no reason, so checked this.

    And thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line truly is a heart breaking conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't meant for it to be heart breaking. Painful, maybe harsh but true, but not heart breaking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful.
    It reminds me of a conflicted young bird leaving the nest to establish a new home elsewhere. For a while it probably seems as though it'll never find a place to belong... but for a creature that can fly, the whole planet is fair game, isn't it? It won't know how vast the world really is until it trusts the winds and flies away. =)

    PS: this better not be a metaphor for life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Intriguing take. I definitely intend the element of moving on to be there, but not as you saw it.

    Erm, as for the second, perhaps, but not quite. The poem has a secondary meaning, but I can't explain it (yet).

    ReplyDelete