Today is the first day in a looong time I've gone without caffeine based drinks, until about 20 minutes ago. The result, for those who have caffeine more than once a day, is these dull, throbbing headaches that won't relent until you have another cup of tea, or coffee, or whatever. I did have another, but only because someone had made me a cup of tea before I had a chance to tell them I didn't want one. Weirdly, now that I've had it so late in the day, I don't feel any of the benefits one is supposed to. Ahh well.
I recall the last time I experienced one was well over 18 months ago, when, in the name of good health, I cut out a large number of undesirables from my diet. Caffeine was the hardest — the headaches didn't stop for about a week, but after that it was pretty much plain sailing.
In the end, I went back to it, but this reminds me of that time. It's hard not to - the (short term) pain is exactly the same. Weird. I'm not about to cut caffeine out of my diet just yet, and its just a coincidence that I went most of today without it, but it's sparked all those thoughts. I'm going to focus my thoughts on other, more pressing stuff for now, but this post is a marker to lay down and look at later.
Next time, I want to do it right.
6 years ago

you have my deepest sympathy, I know exactlty that pain.
ReplyDeletebut here is my advice for you, dont give up, who said caffeine is bad (only) :S maybe reduce, but no need for quitting ;)
i can't sleep..:(
ReplyDeletesorry about this.
ReplyDeletei fell asleep:)
:) Don't apologise
Delete