Thursday, 27 May 2010

For a Friend.

A friend recently had a grandfather pass away. We are from Allah, and to Him we return. Please recite a Fatiha for the deceased

I laid a wreath on your grave today
blinking back visions blurred by tears
Oh, the things I want now to say
As I remember your love through years

Countless prayers now leave my lips
praying for the blessing of your soul
And in those prayers leaving my lips
part by part, I begin to feel whole

It's not my place to question why
and demand that you got more years
but in the memory of your smile and sigh
I return the smile, and blink back tears

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem, with a lovely, lovely ending.
    This is the way we should great the deceased. Little tears, lots of dua, and a smile.

    May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My friend liked it too.

    ReplyDelete