like this I proclaim to have lofty intentions
like that my actions point in other directions
Observe:
like this I feel energised after prayer
like that I sin again minutes later
like this I want to reach for the best
like that I'll settle for not being the worst
like this I wash away the sins of old
like that under pressure I'll again fold
like this I'll do good acts in plain sight
like that in private I won't worry about right
like this I have good acts linked with my name
like that alone I turn off any sense of shame
like this I reflect on mistakes of the past
like that I'll again see my actions recast
like this I want to my Lord belong
like that I still end up doing wrong
Conclusion:
like this I accept the self-accusing soul
like that I reject its most important role
6 years ago

I really, really love this! So original and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to this :/ Cleverly written
ReplyDeleteThank you.
ReplyDelete