I hide my soul under layers
Ostensibly to protect it,
Though you and I both know
It's to hide behind instead
For in hiding is no exertion
No risk, no getting hurt
And then it's easy to focus
On the layers, than on my core
Films, books, poetry, tech,
Science, philosophy, art.
Let's discuss these, and more besides
A swift brain, a quicker tongue helping...
The ability to shape words aiding...
Me to hide behind various selves
And talk about everything and nothing
And those who want to know the real me?
The layers are the key
Pass through each to get to the next
A long, arduous, journey
I won't help, but I will watch
Just to see who comes close
Who actually wants to come close
Though then the true dilemma is revealed
After all those layers-
After all those words-
There is nothing left of me...
6 years ago

Deep.
ReplyDeleteThe above anonymous is a different anonymous btw lol-just had to clarify because it almost felt as if he "stole" (lol) my identity.
ReplyDeleteLoved it. As always, a great piece of writing.
Thank you both :)
ReplyDeleteAnd lol, steal an anonymous identity? Surely not!!
Really touching.. almost upsetting. But beautifully written!
ReplyDelete