Wednesday, 7 October 2009

[Poetry Practice] 20 Lines of Iambic Pentameter

ti TUM ti TUM ti TUM ti TUM ti TUM.....

I don't know why I find it so unfair.

It wasn't hard to be the one you see,
for only those who have the gift can spy.

the darkened room was hiding my secret

I'm now about to start this book again
I hope to save myself a lot of pain
Progress if only this time i do it right
and with myself I'm going to have to fight

The artist draws with ease all that he sees
The pencil treats the paper just like silk

The best of books belongs in every house
The author knows its value more than most.

Displeased am I with my ill gotten gains.

To spend good times with friends and see the world.

The dark calls out to those who have no clue,
Alluring, trapping those who would be blind.

Its not unusual for men to cook.
the same applies for them and reading books

I don't know why I'm focusing on form.

My life is blessed with more than I can count.

**************************

Just that... 20 lines. The exercise was not to make them rhyme, but the rhymes slipped in automatically. Oops. Also, they were not supposed to do anything more than make sense grammatically, but I felt odd without making sure they meant something. Where I think I might have gone wrong would be in the inclusion of large words, which I have not done as much as I should have.

I'm also not sure every line is perfect iambic pentameter.

Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment