Sunday, 4 October 2009

On Love...

"You make me want to become better"
"I want to make you happy"
"I feel empty without you"
"I can't stop thinking about you"
"You are the cause of all that is good in me"
"My words are inadequate in expressing how much you mean"
"You bring light to my life"
"I want nothing more than to be with you"
"For you, I feel like I could do anything"
"You dazzle me"
"You are perfect to me"
"You complete me"
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you"
"I don't deserve you"
...
...
"I love you"

A few of the lines above I admit to having said to someone. Others I have taken from movies, and others still I think I might have made up on the spot. However, that I made them up counts for nothing, as, considering how long the human race had been in existence and been falling in love with each other, it is more than probable that someone else has come up with them before I have.

The last, of course, I don't think I have to explain where it comes from. We don't need to think about that one. Everyone knows that for all the more elaborate versions above, the simplest version is the purest, and best, and really the only one you should ever need to say.

Of course, the true tragedy is that it is easy for some (for "some", read "me") to say these things to other fellow humans, but not to feel the same way to their creator, who is infinitely more deserving of such feeling, and such praise. And this, In a roundabout sort of way, was my point. I don't think I'm doing enough on that side of things, on attempting to get closer to my creator, compared to what He deserves. That it can be so easy for me to profess all sorts of love for fellow humans, be it my friends or family, but so hard for the one who created me...well..that's wrong. And that is something I intend to remedy.

The closest I felt was back in the Holy Month, on the holiest days. And I can't wait for them again. I want to start fasting again, but can't till this cold/flu/sore throat/whatever finishes. I dunno why I fixate on fasting so much, but I know there is something there. I am happiest when I am fasting, and, remarkably, protected from sins as well.

Hopefully that will bring me back to where I should be, if ever I was there. Sorry ladies...I'm taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment