Am I to be reminded forever,
of all my misdeeds and failings...
me and my reflection to cringe at each other
whenever we see our reflections together?
To forgive others is easy,
to forgive myself is hard.
So convinced was I
That I was right
So convinced was I
That I would have fought
But I was wrong
It was all for nothing.
I led myself down the wrong path
What good did opening my mouth do?
There was no value
no piercing insight
no amazing epiphany
no glorious revelation
no commendable witticism
no remarkable wisdom
just mediocrity
Next time...I'll just shut up
And at what cost
I can't even look at
the people that I've hurt
in the eye
without feeling horrible
Look into my eyes
And tell me I'm not that bad
You can't
My own shame
Won't let me meet your gaze
Am I to be sorry forever?
6 years ago

Great poem!! But I dont know how you could ever hurt anyone you barely speak!!! hehe
ReplyDelete