It's weird how sometimes knowledge or wisdom finds its way into your lap sometimes. Sometimes, you hear something from a completely random source and know it was meant for you to have heard and acted upon. Well this is it for me, and I feel compelled to share it, if only for the passing on of such, and maybe someone else may benefit from what I know. And hey...maybe this was meant for your eyes too? Who knows?
Anyway...
What do you do when you've hurt someone? And you want so badly to apologise, to make things right, etc, but the way in which you've left things with the other party are such that you've in effect burned a bridge, and there is no going back?
Only one thing really.
Pray for them, and especially pray for their forgiveness. And never underestimate the power of prayer. On the day of reckoning, you will not be forgiven, unless they forgive you, but at least on that day you may have something to show. And maybe, just maybe, it will be enough.
-----------
I am 25 now (nearly 26), and in my quarter century of years I have hurt more people than I ever thought I would. We are always excellent lawyers for ourselves, and excellent judges against others but I think finally I might be headed the other way. Maybe. In any case, I am shamed more than words will ever allow me to express.
Pray for me, please.
6 years ago

May we all be forgiven.
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers.