Suggested Resolution 1
“To show my appreciation for the sacrifices of al-Husayn (a), I will pray my 5 daily prayers *on* time.”
Suggested Resolution 2
“To show my understanding of what Zaynab bint Ali (a) went through in Shaam, I will start to observe my hijab not the way *I* feel like, but in a way that would make *her* proud.”
Suggested
Suggested Resolution 3
"At only eighteen years of age, Ali al-Akbar understood the value of his youth and made use of it in the noblest way possible. In memory of his heart-wrenching sacrifice, I will re-assess my life and make the best use of whatever abilities I have.”
Suggested Resolution 4
"He saw his family slaughtered, watched as the womenfolk were tortured and taken captive, and then walked for miles while sick, shackled in burning irons and uttered nothing but the praise of God through it all. The next time I am tempted to be impatient, I will remember al-Sajjad and say ‘Alhamdulillah’ instead.”
Suggested Resolution 5
"Four sons sacrificed their lives in Karbala for al-Husayn (a). Their mother’s response to their loss was to wish she had had more sons to give up. When a day passes in which I do not sacrifice something...anything...I will remember Ummul Baneen and *look* for ways to support the Truth.”
Suggested Resolution 6
"What is yearning? It is to wait watching an empty doorway, to look up at the sound of every footstep in case a loved one has returned. It is to find no joy, no pleasure, no energy, no ‘life’ in any day because those closest to your heart are not with you...I will learn to yearn for my Imam (atfs) from Fatima al-Sughra (a).”
Suggested Resolution 7
"Sakina bint al-Husayn’s love for her father and her hope for freedom...as much as there is grief in these unfulfilled desires of a four year old, there is a lesson too. Hold on to what truly matters to the very end...never let it go, for it is what keeps your heart alive.”
Suggested Resolution 8
"Freedom is a choice, and one that it is never to late to make. This year, I will define the choices that make me stand between Heaven and Hell and I will choose Heave. This year, I will be Hurr and choose to be Free - Forever.”
---------
Not by me, but by a writer I very much admire. Follow her on Twitter & friend her on Facebook. Accreditation is the least I can do in exchange for being able to post such wisdom.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment