Sunday, 15 July 2012

Sunday Mornings.

In His Name, the Most High

I love Sunday mornings. This is my absolute favourite time of the week.

I mentioned before that the local mosque has a lovely, lively fajr programme on Sundays. This will be discontinued as their month of Ramadhan programme takes over (and I accept that the programme will be better. Of course it will be), but I will miss it nonetheless.

There's a handful of us. Sometimes, we have a little bit more than one handful, but less than two. We pray Fajr in congregation, then follows a short tafseer of the Quran. Then we have chai, and biscuits, and sit with each other for about an hour, sometimes two, in conversation. There is no defined structure, its just ideas and stuff sparking of thoughts and ideas from others.

I don't speak much, but I do listen a lot. There's a generation gap between myself and the others that attend. I am the youngest attendee, and it just feels in so many ways that I'm looking at the future. My future. A possible future, if I work hard at it. Not in terms of like where I'll be or what I will be doing, but in like the challenges that will come ahead, and how I should deal with them, if/when they do come. For they will come, that's for sure.

It's lovely, and makes me smile just thinking about it. This is something that especially I am grateful for, and I make the most of it and attend every session because I honestly don't know how long I'll have it for. Alhamdulillah for being a neighbour to the mosque. I have no idea where I will be in the future, but I will try my utmost to work it so that I can always be close to a mosque.

inshaAllah.

I

2 comments: