Before I forget: In His Name, the Most High
I quit my job on the Friday 13th (unlucky for some, lucky for me) of April. It was a nice, comfortable job, to be sure, but someway along the way, a whole number of different factors came together at exactly the right time, and I just knew it was time to leave that job and head off into the unknown. So I did.
A whirlwind week later, I found myself in Sweden for the first time in 11 years. Now Sweden I intend to cover in a blog post on it's own, but it definitely would not have happened had I not quit my job. Moreover, I only intended to go visit for 4 days, but I ended up staying for a month. Again - a somewhat perfect confluence of circumstances. I had no job to go back to, so could stay as long as I wanted in Sweden.
4 weeks was enough, and I came back a different person. Alhamdulillah. It was needed, and I am so, so grateful for that. I look back on it and wonder how everything fell into place, and how I never would have been able to put the pieces together myself like that. Alhamdulillah x 100.
Anyway. Now I'm back, I have been for a while. Other things are happening in my life that I am grateful for. I now live 3 mins walk away from my local mosque. It's something I never had in Norfolk, and I make full use of it as much as possible; including a lovely, lovely Sunday morning fajr programme. My address book is slowly, slowly picking up the details of khojas (the two things are somewhat related). I finally went to a wedding and broke my 13-year no-wedding streak. My grandparents live on the same road as the mosque, and now I have nearly daily contact with them. My kutchi and gujarati comprehension and speaking has improved exponentially (again, the two things are somewhat related).
For now, Alhamdulillah. I am at peace, more than I have been for a long, long time. Alhamdulillah for times like these, for I must remember Allah in the good times, if I want him to remember me in the tough times.
-------
Day by day. That is all. Life goes on. And yes, sometimes things do fall into place.
I

Glad to hear all's well :)
ReplyDelete