Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Hiatus...

Stuff I could write about right now:

- Turning 24
- Searching for absolution
- The final decimation of my childhood book collection
- A Hadith about the end of times that's been weighing on me
- Patience in a world of instant gratification.
- Feeling somewhat alienated recently from just about anyone and anything.
- Living without my phone for 2 weeks 
- Apple hitting $500 and then $600/share
- Despite the above, a growing away from tech
- A growing away from sport
- Continuing the "like a glitch..." series
- Some other musings, especially on politics and today's world.
- Economic/ Institutional problems
- Poetry ideas
- Fiction ideas

Among other things. The truth is that I don't feel like writing anymore. Looking at the list, I definitely have enough to say, to be sure, but my heart just isn't into it. You can see it in the posts I've tried to make since the start of the year. I might not have made every line fizz and bubble with exuberance and wit, but at least previously I could explain myself coherently. Now I can't even do that, and I seriously worry that I won't be able to do so for a very long time.

I don't know what's wrong, but until I do fix it, I think I need to take a break from a whole bunch of things, writing included. I plan to leave my current job soon too, despite not having a replacement lined up (duas on that front please).

It's time to take a break. Right now I don't know whether this shall be a permanent break or a temporary one. Time will tell.

Finally, for the nearly four years that this blog has existed, thank you. If you read, commented, recommended to a friend, whatever. I'm grateful for every page view, and if my random stuff made your life even slightly better, or brought a smile to your face, then it was worth it for me.

Farewell for now,

Imran.

PS: I will still respond to comments whilst the blog is still live. Might not be very quick in doing so though.

PPS: Apparently this is my 250th post. Wow.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm.. Change must be in the air. Insha'Allah may all the changes in your life be khair. Not blogging? :( Not cool. I actually found every post interesting and worth a read. However, the decision is yours to make. Anytime you decide to blog again, I am sure there are many who will be happy to resume reading [esp the apple taqiyyah marketing].

    Oh. Pera post pending. 3P. Don't forget that. and something else too.

    Fare thee well, and a blessed birthday to you insha'Allah.

    tc ws kh id.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sensitive will I appear if I shyly admit this....kind..of...brought....
    some teardrops to my eyes...?

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Habib, thank you. I won't forget.

    @Anonymous, quite sensitive. But that is no bad thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be missed. aloooot! (I'm taking the liberty to be completely informal).

    it's been very sweet having these small little interactions with you every now and then. Good luck with every itsy bitsy step of your life.

    aaand, belated happy birthday fellow late 80's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you going downhill?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well start thinking.

    Isolating yourself, taking yourself away from things you do just because you need time to think will not help. There is a reason we need balance in our lives.

    From an outside perspective, you seem to be withdrawing. You need to think about why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful, awesome, fulfilling 24th... and I hope (despite all contrary indications) that you're doing passably okay...

    I'll remember you in my duas and insh'Allah talk to you soon... please hang in there.

    ReplyDelete