Part I
Part II
When I first began to lay out my thoughts in the sequence you see, I thought that the solution was simple. Become a hermit-y scholar, and spend my days in wilderness somewhere, engaged only in worship, reflection, meditation, and study. I would only work as much as I needed to be able to meet my needs. Why not? Except that such a decision is, in its essence, running away. A man posed this question to one of the Imams (as), and the response given was that it is better for man to live in society than alone (my apologies - I don't have a reference. I'll look for one). It is too easy to be a saint in isolation, and a lot harder to be one around people. Yet such is the challenge, for good things don't come easy.
So. Living in this world, which I now begin to see as an illusion. I can't run away from it. How, then to conduct myself?
Only one way.
As an agent of Allah, with one (or both) eyes on the Day of Judgement.
To be continued. Duas always welcome
6 years ago

Hej Imran. Hur mår du?
ReplyDeleteJag mar bra. Hur mar du?
ReplyDeletehamdellah, tack så mycket. we have sunshine here-so to me, that is the ultimate reason to smile and be happy.
ReplyDeleteGood reminder. Life alone is easy, it's society and how we relate to people that brings the challenges and tests.
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
ReplyDeletevi vill ha mer!
ReplyDelete