Friday, 24 September 2010

Reading List v2.0

Ok, I've gone and redone my reading list. Not in terms of content, though I have updated to include some recent reads that I've finished, but in terms of how it's laid out. I think it's simpler to have just 3 columns now - my top faves (max 20-odd), other recommended reads, and what I have yet to read.

Check it out

3 comments:

  1. wow-that's quite a list-with numerous books I haven't read, but have to admit, whenever I read the title of a book I'm done with, I had a big smile on my face lol.

    I noticed the alchemist as one of your top-I've read the book myself, and have never understood the hype about it. I'm just curious as to why it's made its way into your top list-and what you liked about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy confides to the alchemist one night as they look up at a moonless night.

    "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself," the alchemist replies. "And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity."


    -----

    It's more like the fables of old - a simple enough story, but with lessons that are taught and illustrated by the telling of the tale. Books like The Little Prince and Jonathan Livingston Seagull are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete