Wednesday, 1 September 2010

...

My soul was in a prison
Locked with chains of my own making
But they were long enough
To allow me to move in my small circles
Without feeling constrained
The illusion of freedom
And with such I remained unaware
And would have continued forever
But the best of months came
With the best of blessings
And slowly I woke to my ugly truth
And began to wish for real freedom
So that my soul could fly to my Lord
And follow in the footsteps of the Blessed Ones

And I prayed
And it happened
And I was given two gifts

The weakest chain shattered
Into a million pieces
Trembling at the might of my Lord
Then on the holiest night
I saw with the eyes of my heart
The best of paths to my goal
And was told to be patient

I still remain in my prison
Under chains that are stronger still
But now I am free from any illusion
And have no doubt in my heart
One by one, these chains will snap
Like twigs in the hands of a child
And like a bird that was caged and is now freed
My soul will rush to meet it's Lord.

6 comments:

  1. the last stanza made me want to rise out of my chair and fly. very beautifully done, jazak'Allah khair. =) i trust laylatul qadr proved very rewarding for you, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Really really well done, I love it. Keep writing bro, may you be blessed.

    ReplyDelete