Friday, 23 July 2010

[Fiction] He & She

Where is she?
The only one, able to complete me?

I'm here!

Hmm - I thought I heard something there.
Nevermind. Where was I? Oh, yes -
Where is she?
Who will make me whole?
And with whom I will build
A house of complete harmony?

Hello? I'm right here!!!!

There it goes again.
A sort of high pitched squeal
I wonder what that could be?

UGH!!! HERE!!!

Oh, my apologies.
Who are you?

I am the answer to all those questions!

No you're not.
Move along now, shoo!
I am!
Are not!

Disprove me!

Interesting choice of words…
"Disprove me" instead of "prove it"
OK. I'm intrigued. Let's try this.
Ready?
Yes

You read The Book?
I do
And fast and pray?
I do
And other assorted Good Deeds?
Not as much as I want, but I do my best.
And of music?
I don't
You like to read?
I do
And your fave book?
Walden
Seriously!?!?!
Yes
That's awesome.

Uhmmm...
[…]
You like kids?
I LOVE kids
Simple or huge wedding?
Simple
And lifestyle?
Simple, minimalist.
Fave type of humour?
Sarcasm which gently teases

[Pause]

hmm….
Running out of questions, eh?
No I'm not!!!
Then?
Give me a few seconds!!!!

OK, got a few.

Marvel or DC?
You're seriously going to ask me that?
Yes I am. It's crucially important.
Fine. Marvel.
Really? Hmm…
Surprised?
Yes I am. Full marks.
Yay!
OK…Fave coulour?
Again…seriously?
Yup
OK. Black, dark green, dark cyan.
OK…this is too freaky.
Do you like logic puzzles?
Well, now that you mention it
I have a miniaturised Rubik's cube
hanging on my keychain

Woah. Wow.

But...
I'm flawed
Who isn't?
And I have debts
Irrelevant
Big, bad, scary, debts?
I'm not afraid
And I don't know….
don't know…
how to love
I'll teach you.
And I suffer from
bouts of self-hate
I'll heal you.
And self doubt?
I'll support you.

I have to ask
what do you see in me?
What I see is enough for me
And if you had faith in yourself
you'd see it too


I don't believe it
You've answered every question right.
Whohoo!!
Even those which I was sure
had no possible right answer
and have scared others away.
Which means....

Which means?

Which means you are too good to be true.
Either I've imagined you, in which case, begone
Or you're real, in which case you're too good for me
And deserve your own equal...so twice begone.

*Shrugs* Your loss

I guess it is.
Now, where was I?
Ahh yes.

Where is she?

3 comments:

  1. LOL-sweet read actually-although I have to admit, halfway I kind of got scared for some reason. But the ending made me smile. Alot.

    I pray you find her-or someone closely alike. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Though I should probably point out that I wasn't basing this on my life. Can I ask - was there anything specifically that was scary in what I wrote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assumed the piece emerged from a desire.

    as for scary, no-it was a pleasure reading it.

    ReplyDelete