Thursday, 12 March 2009

Reach out

Reach out and touch someone
make a difference in some way
easing our collective burdens
it doesn't have to be that big
give of the gifts you have been given.
A smile, a laugh, a compliment
listening carefully, to other souls,
instead of being self-absorbed
sharing a little of what you know
the risk is small, the gains huge
but you never know, until you
actually put yourself out there
and maybe even risk looking silly
it wont happen by itself
you have to will it so
and of time....what of time?
how much do you have left?
It doesn't matter, for even a little
is enough to make a small difference.

reach out...
and touch someone.

30 comments:

  1. your blog is my sleepless nights getaway

    I love this, because I love taking risks-although sometimes shyness or doubt get in the way...

    forget everythiiiiing lets travel the world together imran

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^I'm guessing that would be you taking another risk, without shyness or doubt getting in the way :P

    I'm honoured for the offer, but I'd have to decline.

    (exactly what would you have said if I agreed? just curious)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've left a little note on my moms dining table, packed my dreams into a small luggage, squeezed my favorite pajamas into there, put on my best shoes and waited for you at Norfolk station (is there a Norfolk station? lol) with one of my favorite books under my hand for you.

    you can't break a girls little heart can you?

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which book? And obviously, seeing as we're non-mahrams, you'd bring a chaperone as well, na?

    and no, not a little girls heart, but I would expect big girls to know how to look after their hearts :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. one hundred years of solitude.

    nooooo-that would ruin the beauty and fun. God's green earth is our escort. Unless ofcourse we have to book into somewhere, I expect you, being this great gentleman, to sleep outside while I'm in the cozy warm.

    lol, ah... I must've went missing when everyone learned how to look after theirs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garbriel Garcia Marquez? It's on my to-read list (as I'm sure you know).

    and lol - to both. you really think way too highly of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. I've ordered Walden.

    I think highly of everyone. Till they give me a reason not to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. imraan i got it i got eeettt

    lol im a bit hyper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! you must read it in it's entirety now. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will probably surprise you, but now it's two of your top favorite on my not so favorite list, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :(. Please reread the conclusion, if nothing else, and see if you feel different.

    Also, I'm getting worried now. Pick a third from my top faves at random.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol@ reread conclusion. Please don't make me sit through torture again. On the basis of giving credit, where it is due-there were certain good reads, and I found myself smiling(/giggling) three or four times-but you really have to sit through...quite a lot of nonsense for that.

    lol, not to worry. Something tells me I'm one of few disliking this book. I'm pretty sure there was some member on some forum talking about "always going back to it, and never getting tired"-which sounds like complete horror to me. But each his taste.

    I've quite a few academic books I need to get through-buut I'll pick one from your list again, and see how that goes. I'll read it before going to sleep during weekends.
    let me check your list again

    ReplyDelete
  14. alright, so i'm going with the little prince. Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I was in love with every single disney prince and male character as a child. The title reminds me of that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good choice. It is a unique book. And very short - you'll prob finish it in one session.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Imraaan, I goot ettt. And guess what?

    I love it. so much. it's so beautiful. buut, having my eyes well up with tears in a crowded bus while reading what looks like a children's book isn't my most dignified moment in life lol.

    I loved it so much that I didn't read it in one day. it was tiny, and I loved it more with each page. So I decided to split it a little, so I had something to look for the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you liked it. At least one of my faves you like then :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. not like, love. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I stand corrected, gladly.

    But you need to take another book from the list - you like one, but don't like two...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think I'll go for catch-22, when i find the time. been wanting to read this for a little while. i'll let you know.

    are u reading anything?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome. i love that book.

    I am trying to read a few at the same time, of which is the 100 years one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh cool, buut i would advice to pay undivided attention to Marquez's book. it deserves it.

    happy reading with all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh god LOL.

    Some of this makes me feel SO embarrassed.

    I'll go back to school readings now lol.

    I have catch 22 standing on my shelf back home. I'll bring it with me when I visit and come back and will read it as a school distraction:)
    -suppose you never got through 100 years of solitude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me smile to reread this. I wonder how you knew exactly where to look?

      I did indeed read 100 Years of Solitude. I struggled at times, but it was worth it. What a profound read. Thank you for recommending it.

      Delete
  24. ah that's nice. Glad you loved it. I read it about a decade ago. Wonder how it would feel like to read it as a woman, as opposed to the young confused teenager I was - with different feelings and thoughts.

    I just stubbled across it through another comments section where I had commented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is only owe way to find out....

      stumbled*. And yes, that makes sense. I think you may well be my most prolific commenter. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for commenting so much.

      Delete
  25. stumbled*, haha, definitely stumbled!

    lol - you are most welcome! It has been fun to interact and comment in the 4 or so years!:)

    ReplyDelete