The wind kisses my face and whispers her secrets to me
She tells me of something she’s seen, the walk of the free
And from her I smell the warm earth that paves the path
As millions walk to the King who rules their hearts
Food giving stalls adorn the whole length of the road
And drink, and rest, the walkers have no wish for more
The wind whispers to me all of this and more besides
And I speak to her of the pain that in my heart resides
About how this past year I have been all talk
And how and why I cannot be with those who walk
Nor weep upon sight of seeing those golden domes
Nor join those who throng around my Master’s tomb
The wind kisses my tears and consoles me with words
And a promise to me to make sure my words are heard
She vows that upon her return to the land that I seek
She will deliver my Salutations to my Master for me
6 years ago

Beautiful and painful
ReplyDeleteLove it. I was moved.
ReplyDeleteBut don't be sad. The visitors are walking on the behalf of all of us.
Thank you. inshaAllah
Deleteps: After a thousand and ten attempts, my comment finally got posted. It would disappear everytime I pressed 'publish'.
ReplyDeletevery odd. I'm glad it finally posted
Delete